Sunday 25 August 2013

Day 2/3

It's really late and I don't feel like typing a lot so I'm going to try and condense this into a short story about my day!

Basically I woke up at 2:00, then at 6:00, and then 11:30....I really can't explain that.

I made some coffee and checked my Facebook and e-mail and relaxed for a while. At 3:00 I had one more cup of coffee before we left to go to my family's house on the countryside. The house was absolutely beautiful. It is a perfect example of what French architecture looks like; with stone walls and stone tile floors. They needed to clean it up because they were renting it to some people on vacation. I didn't mind helping at all because it meant that I got to see the house and the area. The house is meant to fit around 15 people. It was 3 stories and was on a river. There was a vineyard across the river and it was absolutely beautiful.
We got home and their cousins were there for dinner. They were SO funny and I really enjoyed the time that I spent with them.
My host family had a pool and one of the cousins was swimming in it. I also have ducks at my house, so my host sisters and brother circled one of the ducks while the other cousin picked it up. Then my dad took photos and we were all laughing at the duck, Next thing I know, the duck was being taken to the pool and started swimming with the other cousin! The other cousins proceeded to swim like the duck and follow him around in the pool. It was a really fun time with me family. :)
That night for dinner, we had some cuts of meat; one was like bruchetto and the other two I couldn't identify. I only tried two because one had too much fat on it and the other one was so fatty I could feel it on the roof of my mouth. It was strange but delicious! We also had blood sausage for dinner, which is VERY French and very delicious.

Today (Sunday), we went to a party. I asked my host sister what the purpose of the party was, and she explained that it was just a gathering of friends that they do every year. There were a lot of people and they were all really friendly and funny. There were three other exchange students there who I met on the first day of arrival and rode the bus with; three girls, one from India, one from Brasil, and one from Canada. We all spoke in English because none of us know enough French to have long conversations and explain how we've been feeling.
It was a really nice party. The guys showed us how to do archery and one boy had something that I can't remember the word for...It's like tightrope walking but with a long, flat rope-like thing. All the girls and I tried it. It was really easy for me! I also met a girl who is the host sister of my Brasilian friend. Her name is Ana and she's 13. We talked A LOT. She's very nice and it was easy to speak French with her. Spending time with her made me wish that I had a younger host sister!

That's all for now. I will probably post again tomorrow.

Bonne nuit!
~Effy

No comments:

Post a Comment