Tuesday 13 August 2013

8 More Days.

Salut!

Just thought I'd do an update on my exchange as I count down my last few days in the states.

As far as saying my goodbyes, I went on a camping trip with Zac and the rest of the Sims family to Oregon Star Party, which was super rad. I love astronomy and it was really nice to spend some time with his family.

I've been trying to spend a lot of time with my friends lately. I think I took for granted how little time I had left and realised that I had a lot of people to say goodbye to and a lot of things I still needed to take care of!

For instance, With my exchange preparations, this week has been very productive. I took care of getting a cell phone, a debit card, and prescriptions. Luckily, I'll be able to get an iPhone 5 to use over there AND I'll be able to do mobile banking with it. Talk about hitting two birds with one stone!
I also saw my doctor and got all of my shots and immunizations sorted. You know, the boring (but importnat) stuff.

For now, all I have left to do is finish my scrapbook and get some electric outlet adapters! My ticket and visa and flight are all booked and taken care of. I'm SO close to being able to start my exchange, I can practically taste it.

I have a massive feeling of accomplishment with all of this going on. I really feel like all of my hard work is finally about to pay off. With all of the weird dreams, thoughts, and rumors about France going around in my head, I will not have peace until I arrive. Hopefully I'll stay somewhat sane before I leave.

That's all for now.
A bientot!

~Effy

No comments:

Post a Comment